Student Travel News

Free Subscription


Career tour guide
By: Jeff Booth (justin) 2012.04.07

Travellers WorldwideOver 16 years experience sending volunteers overseas to rewarding projects in teaching, care, conservation, internships, language courses and more! Choose from 20 countries and flexible project time frames from 2 weeks up to a year. Full support and consultation to find the best project and destination for you! Travellers Worldwide --

AdelanteEconomical International Internship and Study Abroad programs in 10 Spanish speaking cities worldwide. Adelante arranges everything - professional internship placement, housing (your own room!), language classes and more. University Semester and Summer study programs also available at unbeatable pricing.
Contact us at or go to

It takes more than a tenuous grasp of local history and a bright yellow umbrella to shepherd 30 clueless career tour guide through a group tour. If you want to work for Intrepid Travel, one of the most adventurous youth-oriented group travel agencies, you'll likely be carrying a hiking stick and bartering for beds in a grass hut. Intrepid is hiring 60 new group leaders for Europe and Asia, from the coastline of Croatia to the sacred mountains of Tibet. What does it take to be an Intrepid group leader? Exceptional people skills; wide travel experience in Europe, Asia, or the Middle East; broad life experience; and the ability to think on your feet. The job starts at about $18,000 per year plus travel allowances, and leaders are usually on the road four weeks at a time, followed by a week off. Apply online at

If you're outgoing and have some skill with a real camera - i.e., not a disposable - you could get a job as a hostel and backpacker photographer in Europe. and are launching a project to use their 50 HIP (Hostel Info Point) consoles as a platform for a photo exhibition on the European hostel scene, and they're looking for ten young photographers to document the backpacker life from Amsterdam to Istanbul. Payment comes in the form of a free week's room and board at each HIP location. To apply, send an e-mail to describing yourself as a traveler, photographer, and human being. Include your current location, age, a picture of yourself, and five preferred HIP Hostel locations. In a separate e-mail, send low-resolution digital images of five to ten of your best photographs of "people, travel, and friends."

Legal employment in the EU and elsewhere can be hard to come by, thanks to seemingly draconian regulations, but luckily is there to arrange work permits for students in Great Britain, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, and Canada; another group, CIEE (, can hook you up with a work visa for Australia, France, Canada, Germany, Ireland, or New Zealand. Another of the biggest work and internship organizations is AISEC, which covers 85 countries (

Send this | Hits: 18503 |



 Log in Problems?
 New User? Sign Up!

Student Travel Europe, Global Travel, Paid Internships, Volunteer Overseas, Youth Hostel