Cambridge is packed with pubs, clubs, and intimate cafes. Winding lanes twist and turn between the age-old colleges of the university, each one a path through the town’s fascinating history. It was here that Watson and Crick discovered the double helix, Newton discovered gravity, Byron and Milton wrote their famous poetry and Winnie the Pooh was born. If you’re looking for a simplified Cambridge experience, the “P and P” formula is perhaps the best: Punting and Pimm’s (in other words, boating and boozing, although the two together could be disaster waiting to happen).
Cambridge is a beautiful and historic city in England that is famous for its world-renowned university and stunning architecture. As a student, traveling to Cambridge can be an enriching and exciting experience that will provide you with opportunities to learn, explore, and have fun. Here are some tips to help you plan your trip and make the most of your time in this wonderful city.
- Visit the University of Cambridge The University of Cambridge is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world, and it is a must-see attraction for anyone visiting the city. Take a walking tour of the campus and its historic colleges, and learn about the university’s fascinating history and traditions. Don’t forget to take a stroll along the beautiful River Cam and enjoy the views of the city.
- Explore the city’s history and culture Cambridge is a city steeped in history, and there are plenty of museums and historic sites to explore. Visit the Fitzwilliam Museum to see world-class art collections, or take a tour of the iconic King’s College Chapel. You can also visit the Cambridge University Botanic Garden or take a walk through the picturesque historic center.
- Sample the local cuisine Cambridge is home to some of the best restaurants and cafes in the country, and you should take advantage of the opportunity to sample the local cuisine. Try traditional British dishes such as fish and chips or afternoon tea, or experiment with international cuisine from around the world.
- Attend a student event Cambridge is a student town, and there are plenty of events and activities organized by the university and its students. Attend a student play, watch a debate or attend a lecture, or join a student club or society to meet like-minded people and have fun.
- Explore the surrounding area Cambridge is surrounded by beautiful countryside and charming villages, and you should take some time to explore the surrounding area. Go punting on the River Cam, visit the picturesque village of Grantchester, or take a day trip to the nearby city of Ely.
In conclusion, traveling to Cambridge as a student can be an enriching and exciting experience that will provide you with opportunities to learn, explore, and have fun. By visiting the university, exploring the city’s history and culture, sampling the local cuisine, attending student events, and exploring the surrounding area, you can make the most of your time in this wonderful city and create memories that will last a lifetime.